<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...currently reading.....

Kristin Lavransdatter, by Sigrid Undset

...last read.....

Trout, by Ray Bergman
Embed? Win!

Fantastic Contraption

Powered by: MySpace Games >br?



Monday, March 24, 2003

-Back from Pennsylvania/New Jersey - it was a bit of a jaunt - 3811 miles, round-trip.

*Holy damn* - it is snowing UP, here. At least it looks that way from my window.

Anyway, Penn-NJ was fun. Highlights:

*Saw a sign for "Janko Realty" (janko is a word invented by my sister, that sort of means the same thing as 'ghetto,' when used like, 'man, that car is so ghetto.' It sort of implies white trashiness (e.g. This is one janko website).

*Went to a Porim (sp?) festival - a Jewish holiday. There was a play, and weird cookies. It was pretty cool.

*Saw a talk by Johan Galtung (a big-time peace worker who founded a group called TRANSCEND, which mediates conflicts between small countries that don't have an arsenal of $500,000 missiles. He was great - probably the most intelligent person I've ever run across. He gave the "American Empire" 20 years or less. 'Hear, hear!'

*My new favorite kind of whiskey is George Dickel's #12. It is like George Dickel's #8, my old favorite whiskey, except smoother and 90 proof instead of 80 proof. Yummy.

OK. So. If I participate in a peace march anytime soon, the sign I will carry will say the following

God bless our troops,
God damn George Bush.


Stupid things:

-I will never buy this again.
-Another flash animation - this one features a Herb Alpert song (I forget the name..)
-Homeland Security Instructions

-m




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?