<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...currently reading.....

Kristin Lavransdatter, by Sigrid Undset

...last read.....

Trout, by Ray Bergman
Embed? Win!

Fantastic Contraption

Powered by: MySpace Games >br?



Wednesday, April 09, 2003

-OK. So let's see...how would someone go about justifying an invasion of Syria? I mean, there is no despotic, poster-boy badguy - at least not one the average American is familiar with. And remember how long it took to mislead people into believing that Iraq has banned weapons? I don't think we'll be that patient. So, how can we put an face on Syria that will inspire the hatred of enough Americans to rationalize another war? Wait, I got it...

Nope, they beat me to it. The Dubya et al. have already figured that part out..This is brilliant..If we have 'scraps' of intelligence that indicate that Saddam & his baddie friends have fled to Syria with their nuclear/chemical/biological bombs under their arms, nobody could possibly question us going there next. At least not if they have bought the rest of this load of horseshit we've been getting for the last year or so. Oops, that bit about Syria supplying arms to Iraq wasn't true. Well, no matter...

And presumably, the bad guys will escape into Iran, next. Not sure how they're going to get to North Korea (swim?) - clearly, Bush should have named Syria the third member of the Axis of Evil, rather than North Korea.

I have to say, this is brilliant. Evil, fucking evil - but brilliant.

I read that the new Michael Moore film, which is due out 2 months before the next presidential election, will be the story of 2 men, both once 'troubled youths', both the sons of rich oil men, and their actions before and after 9/11. Should be good.

In other, less depressing (maybe) news:

-I don't know about this.

-I don't think these people are even kidding. At all..

-You know, had I not just seen Michael Moore's new documentary, 'Bowling for Columbine,' detailing, in part, the way in which Americans are literally scared into spending their money, perhaps this would be more funny and less sad.

-Unfortunately, I don't think these people are joking, either.

-I wonder if my friend Tiska knows these people.

-And here's the news from Oklahoma...

-m




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?