<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...currently reading.....

Kristin Lavransdatter, by Sigrid Undset

...last read.....

Trout, by Ray Bergman
Embed? Win!

Fantastic Contraption

Powered by: MySpace Games >br?



Thursday, May 29, 2003

WHEN ANIMALS ATTACK..

So I don't really have many 'attacked by animals' stories, like Mike does, but yesterday..

Yesterday I went fishing. Only the third time since moving to Wyoming. We tried Lake Hattie, a big barren prairie lake, in the canoe. Had some nibbles, that was about it. It started to get windy, so we bagged it about a half hour before sunset and drove to nearby Meeboer Lake (sounds not promising, for those familiar with the term 'meeber'). It seemed like a good place, insofar as there were lots of people fishing there, and I had heard the trout were spawning (therefore easy to catch) there. Well, that thing is SHALLOW. I had shorts and sandals on, so I just waded out. The water was suprisingly warm, and I could wade out about 50 yards before the water was high enough to dampen the bottom of my shortpants. So I was out there, fishing. And I was like...'ooo...bubbles on my legs.' I felt all these little weird tickly things on my legs. So I assumed it was just bubbles I had stirred up from the muck on the bottom. Then I waded back out, and looked down..."AAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Sea monkeys!! They're attacking me!" Actually, at first I thought they were leeches. But when I looked closer, I discovered my legs were covered by hundreds (perhaps thousands, I didn't take the time to count) of little brine shrimpy things. Clinging to my leg hairs like no tomorrow. Now, they were kind of cute, individually, and I didn't notice them biting or anything, but man, it was creepy. My legs were just covered, and they were sorta clinging to the insides of my trousers legs. Mind you, I have a pretty high tolerance for bugs and other crawly critters, but this just sort of made me uneasy..

So I think I'll wear waders next time.

And that's my 'attacked by animals' story for today.

BTW, didn't catch any fish there. It was so shallow I just caught salad everytime.

-m




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?