<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...currently reading.....

Kristin Lavransdatter, by Sigrid Undset

...last read.....

Trout, by Ray Bergman
Embed? Win!

Fantastic Contraption

Powered by: MySpace Games >br?



Friday, June 06, 2003

AMONG THE THINGS THAT PISS ME OFF...

So we rented About Schmidt last night. Mmm..well.. It was ok. I think to me the best part was that the way it was filmed made it feel like Nebraska. I know it was Nebraska, but the lighting, the interiors of the houses and buildings, etc., all had a good ol' Nebraska feel. The actors, though (I'm talking about the main actors, the extras seemed ok) didn't really come off as authentic Nebraskans, to me. I didn't hear one "yup" or "yessir" in the whole movie. It seemed pretty predictable, too, I thought. Even though I hadn't even seen a preview for it (no TV), I sensed from the opening that good ol' Helen would kick the bucket soon. I dunno, maybe that was just effective foreshadowing.

Also, I wonder how much The Archway paid them to do a commercial for them. Talk about product placement..Sounded like one of those come-visit-Nebraska-we-promise-there-is-more-than-corn-and-cow-shit kind of commercials. I don't know, to me, the whole movie played like it was a sneaky advertisement from the Nebraska tourism bureau. Also Childreach.

Also, we rented the DVD, hoping there would be some extra footage of Nebraska stuff. The DVD insisted that I install some software or I wouldn't be able to view the "Extra Features." Grrr. I hate stuff like that. I already HAVE a DVD player. (I should point out that my DVD player is on my computer..so thats why its an issue). Well, turns out the "Extra Features" consisted of:

1. A link to the About Schmidt website.

That's it. No extra footage, no nothing...Just more stupid unnecessary software I have to get rid of without corrupting anything else.

Hmm. Seems like I might have actually had some news..but I can't think of it now..

Hell with it.

Later..

-m





Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?