<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...currently reading.....

Kristin Lavransdatter, by Sigrid Undset

...last read.....

Trout, by Ray Bergman
Embed? Win!

Fantastic Contraption

Powered by: MySpace Games >br?



Thursday, February 19, 2004

ELECTROSHOCK

So I finally bought Electro-shock Blues by The Eels. Overall, I would say it is not quite as well done as Daisies of the Galaxy or Shootenanny! or Beautiful Freak or the others. I still like it alot, though. I just think that there was less originality than in their other albums. It sounds like a combination of those other two albums, I would say. Some of the intros off Electro-shock Blues are basically the same as those off Daisies. I mean, the intro to Hospital Food is the same as the intro to Tiger in My Tank. That's kinda lame. But still, E is a genius. On par with Brian Wilson, or John Linnell, John Flansburg, or John Ritter (R.I.P.).

Also, Climbing to the Moon, and P. S. You Rock My World are goddamn brilliant songs.

Speaking of Linnell and Flansburg, don't visit the They Might Be Giants website if you are at all unstable. It will just put you right over the edge, man.

-m




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?