<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...currently reading.....

Kristin Lavransdatter, by Sigrid Undset

...last read.....

Trout, by Ray Bergman
Embed? Win!

Fantastic Contraption

Powered by: MySpace Games >br?



Saturday, June 05, 2004

FOOD AVERSIONS..

So GHad was talking about his newfound aversion to duck's feet. Never had it. I suspect I would be OK with it. I've never really been creeped out by any food, that I remember. Though I did wrinkle my nose when Nate K. ate raw chicken livers one time. Ewwww.

Last night we ate dinner with Abbzug. She made a kickass pseudo-South African/Indian dish. Had something like apples, currants, rice, cucumber, onion, apricots, and about every spice ever invented (I think I'm missing about 14 other ingredients - the spices were mostly indian-type spices). It was awesome. For appetizers, we had escargot (my idea). Not as good as they were when we made them in Madame's french class and Crumrine ate 23 of them (or something). Then again, it might be because we used the pre-made, packaged herb packet that came with the snails and shells. Real herbs would have been better. But they seemed to have lots of mud in them. I would call it a sandy loam.

Finished it off with a banana cream pie Jen made. She was distraught because it was 'jiggly,' but it tasted good to me.

Yeah. I like all food. I used to not like onions (that was the only thing), but I got over that. I'm almost to the point of being able to eat the type of sandwich my grandpa used to take fishing with him - a ketchup and onion sandwich (exactly what it sounds like). Occasionally he also put Velveeta on it.

I still didn't plant onions in my garden, because onions cost 2ยข anyways. Last time I tried radishes, I didn't really like them, but I think I would now. I'm just about the least picky food person ever (even less than Vrtiska, who once ate a leech, because he doesn't really like bacon). Oh yeah - like Abbie, I don't like mayonnaise. But the reason is more like 'tiska's reason for not liking bacon - 'it's OK..but it's too lardy to be worth it.' So maybe mayonnaise would be the one thing I don't like. Actually, there are lots of things I'm not a big fan of - ketchup, mayonnaise, any 'chicken and rice' dish, twizzlers (I can't even tell what taste it is supposed to be imitating!), and pretty much all bland 'American-style' food, and there's some food I'm opposed to, in general, since it's evil, in one way or another (unsustainable, full of chemicals, etc), like swordfish, Atlantic salmon, Spam, and anything 'Atkins friendly,' but there is really nothing I won't eat.

A list of 'yucky' stuff I like alot:

-canned mollusks (mussels, clams, oysters, etc)
-sardines
-braunschwager
-calamari
-scrapple

-m




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?