<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...currently reading.....

Kristin Lavransdatter, by Sigrid Undset

...last read.....

Trout, by Ray Bergman
Embed? Win!

Fantastic Contraption

Powered by: MySpace Games >br?



Tuesday, June 15, 2004

REAGAN...A-GAIN..

Luckily, I spent most of the last week or 2 up in the mountains, sans radio, sans news service, so I missed most of the Reagan tributes (I heard about them, though). Well, with all due respect (about .01 units of respect are due), I'm sure glad they finally got his ass stuck in the ground - now let's just get over it.

As G-Had pointed out, my recollection (as a 3-11 year old kid) of Reagan's time in office may be suspect, at least my firsthand recollection, but I do remember that the 80's were not much of a happy time for most Americans, no matter what the media now says about how happy he made us to be Americans. And I know enough about what happened during his administration to know that he was either inept to the point of criminality, or just that crooked. That much is obvious.

It's not that I'm 'gleeful' over his death - he's been pretty harmless, since his presidency ended - but c'mon. The best president since Truman? (!) Hardly. I wouldn't even give him the best since Carter!

So anyway, I say pile the dirt on, stick some silk flowers above him, raise up the flags, and get on with it.

I think the most insightful headline during this whole deal was from The Onion:

Reagan's Body Dies

Because seriously...at this point, a funeral was only a formality.

Mt. Rushmore my ass.

-m




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?