<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...currently reading.....

Kristin Lavransdatter, by Sigrid Undset

...last read.....

Trout, by Ray Bergman
Embed? Win!

Fantastic Contraption

Powered by: MySpace Games >br?



Thursday, August 05, 2004

MORE STRANGE HUMMINGBIRD REFERENCES...

Last night, I dreamt that I was fishing for kestrels. (It might have been peregrine falcons, I forget). I had this lure that looked like a hummingbird. Somehow, it floated in the air just like a lure moves through the water. I would twitch it, and retrieve it in short bursts, and a falcon would zip down and nail it, and then I would reel it in. I think I was selling the falcons. I think they were alive when I sold them. I think that part came from an essay I read last night, in a David Quammen book, The Boilerplate Rhino. The essay was about rattlesnake roundups. Actually, they're not essays, they're columns he wrote for Outside magazine. Also, I went trout fishing yesterday, so maybe that's where the fishing part came in.

I welcome your interpretations of this dream.

There were some other, saucier bits to the dream, but even if I could remember them fully, they wouldn't be suitable for printing here.

-m




Comments:
i didn't hear anything about saucier parts of the dream. I expect to be filled in.

j
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?