<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...currently reading.....

Kristin Lavransdatter, by Sigrid Undset

...last read.....

Trout, by Ray Bergman
Embed? Win!

Fantastic Contraption

Powered by: MySpace Games >br?



Wednesday, August 25, 2004

SECONDHAND RAWK

That would be a good band name. Or album name.

So..Didn't have incredibly good luck with thrift stores this weekend (always do it when I'm back toward home-ishness). Although...I did score some good music deals:

Cassettes:

-Trace, by Son Volt
-Howlin' Wolf: The Collection, by Howlin' Wolf
-The John Coltrane Gold Collection, by John Coltrane
-Cristmas Caravan, by Squirrel Nut Zippers

Best of all, I think, I got a sweet, sweet box set. Johnny Cash's Unearthed? Nope. Must I Paint You a Picture: Essential Billy Bragg, by Billy Bragg? Huh uh. I got Beethoven: The Nine Symphonies, by the New York Philharmonic, as conducted by Leonard Bernstein on VINYL! Yes, that really did require all 3 text modifiers. $5.99, and worth every penny. The cool part is, I think someone bought this for some kind of music theory class, and then never even got the records out of the sleeves, so the sound quality is AWESOME. No wait..best of all is the bas relief, golden foil type image of a person I can only assume is supposed to be Beethoven, on the front cover.

Got a few books: Turgenev, Angelou, Howell, Melville. So I did OK, I guess.

I'm kind of regretting now that I didn't purchase a cassette entitled Darrel the Singing Bus Driver, as I'm sure this would have been a classic. The front cover featured a too-close-up, off-center photo of a guy that kind of looked like Will Ferrell in a red sports jacket.

-m




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?