<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...currently reading.....

Kristin Lavransdatter, by Sigrid Undset

...last read.....

Trout, by Ray Bergman
Embed? Win!

Fantastic Contraption

Powered by: MySpace Games >br?



Wednesday, September 29, 2004

AMERICAN IDIOT..

I haven't listened to much Green Day since Insoniac came out. Not that I started to hate them like all the 'cool kids' did. Just haven't been into it, plus they seemed to have gradually dulled like a well-used knife from their first album to their third. But I've been listening to American Idiot today. 2 things strike me:

1) I think Green Day woke up. Maybe the 4-year break helped. It's interesting music again. It demands that you tap your foot.

2) I think it's interesting to look at their style and content in the first album, when there wasn't all that much to be punk about, except the fact that it sucks to be a dysfunctional outcast teenager. But it seems to me now that the time is ripe for punk music in the vein of The Clash. And this album kind of reflects that. Good job.

-m




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?