<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...currently reading.....

Kristin Lavransdatter, by Sigrid Undset

...last read.....

Trout, by Ray Bergman
Embed? Win!

Fantastic Contraption

Powered by: MySpace Games >br?



Wednesday, September 29, 2004

ART..

I have found my new favorite abstract artist. In my opinion, this 4-year old girl is far surpassing the birdshit splatters Jackson Pollock painted in his 30's and 40's. (go to Photo Gallery, then click on the painting names on the left to see the amazing works of young Marla Olmstead)

I especially like that even though her paintings are going for tens of thousands of dollars, they still have little-kiddish names like Dinosaur, Alligator, and Aquarium.

-m




Comments:
I saw a Pollock first-hand at a very young age, so I guess I have a soft spot for his work. But man, Marla is brilliant.

She blows the crap (language) out of that stupid elephant painter. I hope never to see any more of that work. (I also don't care if elephants go extinct. They aren't trying hard enough. African elephants that is, the Asian ones are still cool.)

Now that Maryville has an art gallery (no kidding), I am sad that both of my kids are too old to exploit like this.

--gh
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?