<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...currently reading.....

Kristin Lavransdatter, by Sigrid Undset

...last read.....

Trout, by Ray Bergman
Embed? Win!

Fantastic Contraption

Powered by: MySpace Games >br?



Saturday, September 04, 2004

E-RAWK!

Well, I finally did it. I bit the bullet. I'm now doing the 14-day trial of RealRhapsody. 14 days are free, then you pay $9.95/month after that.

I should back up, though. RealRhapsody, for those who haven't yet heard about it, is an online music service. Basically, you download the software, search for artists, songs, or albums you're interested in, and listen to them. I thought, at first, that it would be some stupid ripoff service where you could pick from stupid top 40-type music, but they actually have a very good selection. I mean, so far, I've added to my 'Library,' whole albums from everyone from The Eels to BossaCucaNova to Alien Crime Syndicate to Julie London, Ella Fitzgerald, many of the Ultra-Lounge series albums, William S. Burroughs, Xavier Cugat, Combustible Edison, The Smiths, Beck, David Byrne, Perrey & Kingsley, Modest Mouse, Bad Religion....they have LOTS of stuff. The sound quality seems to be on par with mp3's. You don't actually download the albums. I'm not sure what it's like with dial-up, but it works awesome with 640/DSL.

For 10 bucks a month. Man. I'm a big fan. This will make thesis-writing MUCH more enjoyable, especially the loungy stuff.

Someone needs to tell them about MC Honky, though.

W.Bloggar doesn't work for me for some reason. Think it's something with the way I connect to the interweb superinformationspeedway.

-m




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?