<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...currently reading.....

Kristin Lavransdatter, by Sigrid Undset

...last read.....

Trout, by Ray Bergman
Embed? Win!

Fantastic Contraption

Powered by: MySpace Games >br?



Tuesday, September 07, 2004

TO ADD TO THE LIST OF SHIT I CAN FIX...

Computer keyboard.

If possible, avoid pouring a cup of coffee into your keyboard. If you do pour a cup of coffee into your keyboard, avoid shaking it around like some kinda damned ape, trying to get the coffee out. This is what breaks stuff.

On the positive side, I now understand how modern keyboards work (kinda). Although I don't understand how a whole row of keys can go into the same circuit, and still produce different results (I'm electronics-knowledge-handicapped). Don't really care, neither...long as I can open up a keyboard and fix it with a paper towel.

2 hours later..back to work...

-m




Comments:
Not knowing anything, either, I wonder if keyboards and mice are analog devices?

I don't know how modern my keyboard is, but it is wireless. How does it get all of these letters, knumbers, ideographic symbols, speaker/multimedia controls (anyone really use those) and dumb internet/mail/calculator buttons to transmit the .25 meters to the computer...

I can't use the number pad thing. I use the numbers above the letters, like I was taught in the tenth grade. Maybe I should turn NUmLocK off...

lol

--gh
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?