<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...currently reading.....

Kristin Lavransdatter, by Sigrid Undset

...last read.....

Trout, by Ray Bergman
Embed? Win!

Fantastic Contraption

Powered by: MySpace Games >br?



Wednesday, September 29, 2004

WORDS OF INSPIRATION..?

For those of you who are depressed after watching Outfoxed last night, I offer some words from Edward Abbey's journals, written in June of 1953 in Taos, New Mexico:

"What loyalty I still have for "America" takes this form:

I love the land - its great rivers, plains, mountains and the ineffable desert; I love my friends, my kin, my unknown allies - I will stand by them to the end.

But for the cities, for our schools and churches and industries, for the government, for the meaningless documents embalmed of the past, for the mass of hucksters and enterprisers - no love. Fuck them. No loyalty. I will not defend them."


Not sure those are very inspiring words..but maybe there's nothing new under the sun?

-m




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?