<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...currently reading.....

Kristin Lavransdatter, by Sigrid Undset

...last read.....

Trout, by Ray Bergman
Embed? Win!

Fantastic Contraption

Powered by: MySpace Games >br?



Sunday, October 17, 2004

THE DARK AGES...

Talk about the Dark Ages...I'm posting this entry via...DIAL-UP! For those of you who don't remember, this is where you plug your phone line (I swear I am not making this up) into the back of your computer, your computer makes a few comical "Beep-BEEP" noises, and suddenly (well, not actually suddenly, more like 2 minutes later), you're cruising the superinformation hyperspeedway at a blistering 56k.

I remember now why it's worth it to spend $30 for DSL. Man.

Oh. The reason is that DSL died sometime around 10:37 am this morning as I was bottling beer. Right in the middle of Won't Be Home.

I feel like I should be typing on my Commodore 64 and playing The Oregon Trail as I'm typing this. Maybe I better make a back-up copy on my 5 1/4" floppy, in case this doesn't go through...

-m





Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?