<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...currently reading.....

Kristin Lavransdatter, by Sigrid Undset

...last read.....

Trout, by Ray Bergman
Embed? Win!

Fantastic Contraption

Powered by: MySpace Games >br?



Thursday, October 07, 2004

"DARREL"

Among the awesome stuff my mom got me for my birthday is this gem - a cassette we saw at Goodwill last time I was visiting.




I like how it has quotation marks around "Darrel," as though that is just this simple bus driver's stage name.

At some point, I'll get this made into mp3's so I can distribute it. It's worth hearing, especially his version of Cool Clear Water. Talk about a Geo-Tech classic...

He both looks AND sings a little like Will Farrel...I think..

Notice that production is by the infamous "Moostash Joe."

-m




Comments:
As a huge Englebert Humperdink fan, I await to hear how "Darrel" distinguishes his treatment of "There Goes my Everything" and "Make the World Go Away." I like "There Goes..." the best.

"Ruby," that was a Kenny Rogers hit before his solo career. (What was the dopey name of the band he was in?"

--gh
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?