<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...currently reading.....

Kristin Lavransdatter, by Sigrid Undset

...last read.....

Trout, by Ray Bergman
Embed? Win!

Fantastic Contraption

Powered by: MySpace Games >br?



Wednesday, October 27, 2004

'LECTORAL COLLEGE

So, I know I'm not the only person who feels frustrated that, since I live in Wyoming, I have no say in the election. A friend of mine just sent me a link to VotePair. It's basically a way that a likely Kerry or Bush voter in a non-swing state (i.e. Nebraska, Wyoming, Texas, etc.) can 'swap' votes with someone in a swing state (i.e. Missouri, Ohio, Pennsylvania) who would like to vote for a 3rd party candidate.

In my case, I will cast a vote for one of the third party candidates (preferably Cobb), and someone in, say, Missouri, will cast their vote for Kerry. This helps the third party candidate(well, kinda - a third party person is really just a distraction until the system is changed to allow them a reasonable shot), and makes sure that some dipshit in Ohio who considers themself progressive doesn't vote for Nader and fuck us over again. (We need a big loudmouth gun totin,' Bible worshippin,' NASCAR-lovin' conservative to steal some votes from Bush)

Not sure how it will work yet, haven't gotten any email back on it yet.

Some may mock this, but it's no more ridiculous than the electoral college, voting for Nader, or selling your vote (G-Had!)

G-Had, I would be happy to vote for Badzarik (or whatever his name is) here in Wyoming (he might win Wyoming! not really), if you'd vote for Kerry there in MO. I would also be MORE than happy to write in Sharpton for you.

-m





Comments:
Extra party candidates (third-party not appropriate description) do benefit from votes because it gives them more federal election support dollars in the next election.

People are complaining about all of the political ads on the radio, and the television. As if they really long for more advertisements about water filters, roundup-ready soybeans, or meat sales at the local grocer.
--gh
 
I feel like you are making fun of me. Badnarik is a sky-diving instructor.
--gh
 
I know how you feel, since the four times I've voted for president have always been on the side that lost my state (Oklahoma via absentee ballot in '88, Kansas in '92 and '96 (OK, voting against Bob Dole in Kansas was asking for it, but still), and Missouri in '00). Looks like there's actually a chance of my vote mattering in the electoral college this year. Do they have electoral community colleges? Or electoral vo-tech schools?
 
I know how you feel, since the four times I've voted for president have always been on the side that lost my state (Oklahoma via absentee ballot in '88, Kansas in '92 and '96 (OK, voting against Bob Dole in Kansas was asking for it, but still), and Missouri in '00). Looks like there's actually a chance of my vote mattering in the electoral college this year. Do they have electoral community colleges? Or electoral vo-tech schools?
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?