<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...currently reading.....

Kristin Lavransdatter, by Sigrid Undset

...last read.....

Trout, by Ray Bergman
Embed? Win!

Fantastic Contraption

Powered by: MySpace Games >br?



Wednesday, November 03, 2004

IN LIMBO I AM, IN LIMBO I SHALL REMAIN...

I took the Dante's Inferno Test, which was kind of linked to from G-Had's blog. The test said I belonged in Limbo, with Virgil, Socrates, Homer, Aristotle, other philosophers, authors, and 'virtuous pagans.' OK by me. At least it didn't say I belonged in Level 9 of Hell. Or, worse yet, purgatory. Boring. At least I'll have some good conversations in Limbo.

The Dante's Inferno Test has sent you to the First Level of Hell - Limbo!
Here is how you matched up against all the levels:
LevelScore
Purgatory (Repenting Believers)Very Low
Level 1 - Limbo (Virtuous Non-Believers)Very High
Level 2 (Lustful)High
Level 3 (Gluttonous)Very Low
Level 4 (Prodigal and Avaricious)Very Low
Level 5 (Wrathful and Gloomy)High
Level 6 - The City of Dis (Heretics)Moderate
Level 7 (Violent)Moderate
Level 8- the Malebolge (Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers)Moderate
Level 9 - Cocytus (Treacherous)Low

Take the Dante Inferno Hell Test

-m




Comments:
Well, my scores were almost identical to yours, except that I got sentenced to level 6, the level of the heretics (where I got a "very high" score).
 
I was low and very low in all but the top two. Limbo said "High" and Purgatory said "Very High." Does that mean I ended up in Purgatory? Do I have to wait a while before I see you guys or something?

Do I have to read this book to understand these levels, because honestly, I don't really get it.
--gh
 
Oh. Yeah. You'd have to read the book. Dante was insane, by the way. Some think that he actually thought he'd been to all these places on a kind of afterlife sneak preview.

"Nel mezzo del cammin di nostra vitra, mi ritrovai a una selva, oscura." (In the middle of the road of my life, I found myself among a wood (forest), dark.) I don't know why I've retained that quote - it's the only Italian I know. And I've probably misspelled it.

Um. You never get to see us (a good thing, for you). Limbo is the midwestern-like space between the moutain ascending heavenward on one side (where you are) and the pits of hell on the other (where Steve is). Think of it this way - purgatory = the rockies, limbo = the great plains, hell = the south. People below the rank of purgatory never get to go higher or lower than where they're sent. Jenn and I will be forever in the 7-sided castle (the author of this website may have added that part, I honestly can't remember), kicking it with all the virtuous pagans, arguing the finer points of punk rock with Plato, giving Darwin wedgies, etc. It's all sad there, but at least we're not buried upside down in poo. In Limbo - stuck there indefinitely.

You, on the other hand, get to go to purgatory. Which means you start at a level on the mountain commensurate with how good a life you led. You have to toil away, and work your way up the mountain. When you get to the top, everything is all happy - smilin' folk standin' around looking heavenward and understanding, finally, the great big joke of life. Like the weird smiling baby-end-of-2001spaceoddysey thing. Kind of. That book was weird. I mean 2001.

You'll never get to talk to us, but you'll get to stand atop the mountain of smiliness. (To be honest, I've always thought Limbo sounded more interesting - sadness, I can handle).

I'm not real sure how all this jives with The Bible. Dr. Loomis had us read it, and he's a churchgoer.

-m
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?