<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...currently reading.....

Kristin Lavransdatter, by Sigrid Undset

...last read.....

Trout, by Ray Bergman
Embed? Win!

Fantastic Contraption

Powered by: MySpace Games >br?



Monday, November 22, 2004

NERVES..

I'm starting to get very nervous. Why? Thesis work? Nope. Job searches? No.

I'm worried because there are only 2 days left until Thanksgiving, when I should be gorging myself at Granny Pierce's house, and I have 3 enormous caker sores inside my lower lip. I hate those - I can't even brush my teeth effectively. I've been planning my meals and snacks around them for 3 days already - no grapefruit juice, no salsa, etc. What if I can't eat turkey!?! Something must be done.

I'm composing a letter to the HR person at the Dublin university place. I need to know whether Ciara is a girl or boy name. I'm assuming the former, but how can one tell..This website certainly doesn't help clarify things...

Blogland, I'm listening..go ahead..

-m




Comments:
Dude, you are probably getting these canker sores because of stress, and not enough sleep. There really isn't much you can do to prevent them, until your lifestyle changes, which could be a few years. (You mention that you brush your teeth, so obviously you maintain oral hygiene.)

Other maladies I remember from my graduate school days are random crying, auditory hallucinations (at least I never saw stuff), and blood in my urine. The last one was funny, because I remember thinking at the time "I was wondering when that would happen." I guess I was under a LOT of stress, especially the last 2-3 years or so. (I had two full-time GAs for a year, because the graduate dean was on a sabbatical!)

Okay, here is THE canker sore treatment that worked for me every time. Take a full fat pinch of salt and press it into the inside of your mouth where the sore is. Close your mouth and lips and press the area firmly from the outside. At first, you just taste salt. Keep your mouth tight enough so that you don't even have room to salivate. Next, the sensation of burning will take over. It will BURN! It will hurt exactly in the canker sore area, so you know it is working. You gotta hold it, though. You have to hold the salt in place until it doesn't hurt. Really, this can take a full minute, and it is painful. Then, it doesn't hurt. It will feel raw, though. In the morning, you should already notice a definite improvement and after a full day of nonacid foods, it could be better by dinner the next day!

--gh
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?