<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...currently reading.....

Kristin Lavransdatter, by Sigrid Undset

...last read.....

Trout, by Ray Bergman
Embed? Win!

Fantastic Contraption

Powered by: MySpace Games >br?



Friday, November 19, 2004

UNTIMELY SNOWFALL...

Every time Jenn & I, or Abbie, get ready to leave for a break, it starts to snow. Doesn't matter what time of year, doesn't matter if it hasn't snowed a lick up to that point, doesn't matter if it's already snowed several times before...

Mommy, why does God hate me? That road! The road to Denver, via Ft. Collins, from Laramie..Not an entirely safe drive under dry conditions in daylight, let alone at 2 in the morning, with falling snow, wet/icy pavement, and dangerous cold.

I've probably posted this before, but I must revisit a quote from the archduke of aphorisms - Edward Abbey:

"Fire lookout, 1400 hours, ferocious lightning storm. Me and God. That fucker is trying to get me again, God damn him. But I got me old .357...."

Funny that Abbey was so quotable, given that he once said, "Proverbs save us the trouble of thinking. What we call folk wisdom is often no more than a kind of expedient stupidity."

Reading Deadeye Dick. So far, it has all the makings of a great story. But Vonnegut is a great author. Probably our greatest living author. Anyone care to suggest someone else whom I then can deride mercilessly....?

Let us know when you make it to PA, Bonnie. We'll miss you.

-m




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?