<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...currently reading.....

Kristin Lavransdatter, by Sigrid Undset

...last read.....

Trout, by Ray Bergman
Embed? Win!

Fantastic Contraption

Powered by: MySpace Games >br?



Monday, November 01, 2004

'WEEN, PART 2

Oh. I forgot to tell the best part of the whole 'Ween story. The house that hosts this annual party is a high-ceilinged affair, and the people that live there have speakers on shelves way up near the ceiling. At one point, I was standing in the corner, talking to Jen and Abbie, and something suddenly wonked me on the melon. I had one of those brief blackout kind of things like when someone smacks you on the back of the head with their palm in 8th grade. I kind of stood there bewildered for a second, shaking my head, thinking, "OK. I know there's nobody behind me, so how the crap did someone just whack me over the head with a baseball bat without me seeing it coming?" I didn't realize it was the speaker until someone picked it up. I felt a little bit disoriented for the rest of the night. Luckily, it was just one of those bookshelf speakers, and not a full-sized speaker. It must have fallen from a height of about 9' based on how high I had to reach when I was helping put it back up.

Took me awhile to reassure everyone that I was OK: "It's only my head." Straw hats offer no protection against impact.

-m




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?