<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...currently reading.....

Kristin Lavransdatter, by Sigrid Undset

...last read.....

Trout, by Ray Bergman
Embed? Win!

Fantastic Contraption

Powered by: MySpace Games >br?



Thursday, December 09, 2004

MOSTLY RAWK

Good albums (for those who like rawk music, and are interested in new things - some aren't actually new, but..):

Good News for People Who Love Bad News, by Modest Mouse
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, the soundtrack, especially the Beck and ELO tracks
Bows and Arrows, by The Walkmen
Pour Another Drink, by Honcho Overload

My guilty pleasure, of late, has been The Instigator, the solo album by Rhett Miller (of Old 97's). Poppy as hell, even bordering on potentially MTV-ish. Heck, for all I know, it is on MTV. I still like it.

******************


You know what sucks? Spending $700 on a 13-year old car, and still having about $400 more of work that is almost critical, plus at least that much again of things that ought to be done. Man. I can't wait until there aren't cars anymore.

******************


I'll believe the Laramie Kreg Viesselman date in January when I see his funny little bearded person sitting before me in The Gardens. He tricked us once before..Also, I think that spot previously said he would be in Casper or something on that date. I think the dates and places listed on that site are entirely arbitrary and bear no relationship to reality.

******************


"What's so great about the Barrier Reef,
and what's so fine about art,
and what's so good about a Good Times Van,
when you're working on a broken
working on a broken
working on a broken man."

-from Barrier Reef, off Too Far To Care by Old 97's - my favorite Old 97's album, and one of my top 10, all-time, rawk albums (maybe).

-m




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?