<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...currently reading.....

Kristin Lavransdatter, by Sigrid Undset

...last read.....

Trout, by Ray Bergman
Embed? Win!

Fantastic Contraption

Powered by: MySpace Games >br?



Monday, February 21, 2005

MOCKTAILS...

I was thinking I would implement this strategy whereby for every paragraph of my thesis I completed (or perhaps for every page), I would allow myself one cocktail. But since this would probably result in the final section of my thesis comprising a short story about a blind, six-legged elephant named "Toledo," I decided against it. I've been delving into the medical/econometrics/international relations literature searching out obscure rules and techniques in logistic regression. In short, I can't afford the decrease of mental horsepower even a single beer would cause me, so I'm staying away from the sauce, mostly. Today I fixed myself a non-alcoholic beverage which consisted of this: ginger ale and a lime wedge. I call it a "Methods Section." It reminded me some of a gin & tonic. Gin & tonics remind me of my one trip to Idaho. I don't know why we bought ginger ale. It was sort of an impulse buy that we decided to make about 2 weeks before we actually made it. I can't really explain that, except that we were on our way back from Nebraska, and it was hot and dry in the car, and I suddenly wished I was in the kind of store that sold ice-cold ginger ale, so I could buy some. Prior to the ginger ale-based beverage I made today, the one and only time I ever had ginger ale was about 13 years ago, and I didn't like it that time.

-m




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?