<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...currently reading.....

Kristin Lavransdatter, by Sigrid Undset

...last read.....

Trout, by Ray Bergman
Embed? Win!

Fantastic Contraption

Powered by: MySpace Games >br?



Thursday, March 31, 2005

A FAIRLY SUBSTANTIAL DAY...

OK...so...lots of stuff..

Had an email from the U. of Wisconsin dude today - saying that the person they offered the PhD position to (the one I didn't get, remember) didn't work out, so was I still interested..? Said he would call at 2. At 1:55, the guy from the Kansas job called and offered me the position. Got all the formal stuff via email from him a few minutes later, as I was on the phone with the U. of Wisconsin dude. Wisconsin guy wanted me to come for an interview, but I basically said it wouldnt work, since I have really no free time before we leave for Europe. So he said that if I felt comfortable taking the position without visiting first, he felt comfortable with it as well. So kind of an offer there, too. So I emailed the dude from the job here, and asked where things sat, and told him my situation. This caused him to set up an interview with me Friday morning at 10 a.m. So the KS job wants to know stuff by next Tues., at the latest. No deadline on the Wisc one, really, and still have to interview for the Laramie one.

So..if anyone has any recommendations, feel free...not sure what to do here..

Oh. Also, printed what I hope to be the final version of my thesis. I worked on revisions for about 1.5 days, and then emailed my advisor and said I really didn't feel like I wanted to do any of the other ones, and he was like, "No problem, just wrap it up and bring me a copy." I like that he trusts my judgement in these matters. If all goes well, I should submit everything I need to for graduating by end of day Thursday, or mid-day Friday, at the latest. That will be a large load off. Of course, I still have to magically turn my 32 minute presentation into a 16 minute presentation, for the AAG meeting next Thursday, and try to kinda sorta rehearse it a little or something. Oh..and start packing. And identify garage sale items. And decide which job to choose. And tie up loose ends on a few other little projects (mainly just annotate stuff with sticky notes saying "do this first," "do this last, using this," etc.) Oh..and find a place to live, wherever we're going.

Plenty of time though - 14 days or something, before we start traveling on our trip.

Yeah. I'm looking forward to being utterly shitfaced and stuffed with tasty local cheeses in some out-of-the-way, backwater town in Romania whose name I can't even begin to pronounce.

-m




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?