<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...currently reading.....

Kristin Lavransdatter, by Sigrid Undset

...last read.....

Trout, by Ray Bergman
Embed? Win!

Fantastic Contraption

Powered by: MySpace Games >br?



Wednesday, March 09, 2005

OOPS..

So I corrected the fact that I had errantly published the Huckabees entry to the Digital Fridge, but forgot the main reason I even logged in to Blogger.....When you log into Blogger, it should be called 'blogging-in'..but that's not the reason I 'blogged-in' either...

The reason is that I was sitting here and a gnat flew by. "Flew" is being generous. It seemed to just be hovering, riding the currents. Gnats aren't that great at flying. But anyway, without thinking, I swiped at it and said, "Stupid dog-pecker gnats." Now: 1) We've had these stupid gnats hovering around our house for about 2 months now, so it isn't just like I have a low gnat tolerance; and 2) The reason I called it a "dog-pecker gnat," is because that's what my grandpa calls them. He said it's because they're the kind of gnats that hover around dogs' peckers. My grandpa is awesome. He's kind of like Archie Bunker, but more rural.

I can't remember if I ever blogged the story of my bachelor party with my grandpa...(remind me).

One other awesome thing my grandpa said once:

He was telling about some guy who had been drinking and driving, and had gone around a corner and gone off a cliff or something, and died. He told it all somberly and stuff, then it was silent for awhile. Then he said, abruptly, "...bet he won't do that again!"

-m




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?