<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...currently reading.....

Kristin Lavransdatter, by Sigrid Undset

...last read.....

Trout, by Ray Bergman
Embed? Win!

Fantastic Contraption

Powered by: MySpace Games >br?



Friday, April 01, 2005

KEEEE-RIST!!

OK. I no longer have to worry about a third option - the one where we would stay in Laramie, and I would work for the GIS center here. Just had my interview for the remote sensing analyst position, and it was FUCKING TERRIBLE. I might as well have been interviewing for head rocket trajectory calculator guy at NASA. Or something. It was kind of silly, really, because they were asking me questions as though I had proposed to do all of this research in the first place, rather than being someone who was applying for a position to do some of the work. Yeah. I could answer all their questions if I spent about 3 weeks in the library, probably...but seriously, who really would have, a priori, a specific plan/methods for differentiating different sagebrush communities in areas with lots of bare ground using ancillary data. I think my answer to all of their questions was "I would like...use statistics or something." Which is probably kinda right in a very general sort of way...but...man. That was the worst interview ever. I know now that there is no realistic hope of me getting an offer for that job - really the point was just to teach me a lesson for like, having self-esteem and stuff. Not a problem anymore.

-m




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?