<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...currently reading.....

Kristin Lavransdatter, by Sigrid Undset

...last read.....

Trout, by Ray Bergman
Embed? Win!

Fantastic Contraption

Powered by: MySpace Games >br?



Sunday, April 03, 2005

LIFE, AND STUFF..

So..most likely, we will be moving to Kansas.

Things I'm not looking forward to about Kansas:

1) Humidity
2) Lack of public lands
3) Being close to Kansas City
4) Being a working stiff

Things I am looking forward to about Kansas:

1) Bass fishin'
2) Friendly folk
3) Music (in Lawrence)
4) Restaurants (in Lawrence)
5) The words "evening" and "weekend" actually meaning something

While I'm at it....

Stuff I like:

1) Boats, in general
2) Noise pop and baroque pop, and about 13% of Alt-Country
3) The beets I grew last year
4) Absurdist humor

Stuff I hate:

1) When people recite stuff from TV shows (or movies), and expect you to think it's funny.
2) Preparing PowerPoint presentations
3) The turnips I grew last year (they taste like horseradish)

I'm also not big on impersonations - at least not impersonation of famous people. Seldom as good as advertised, and usually the impersonator isn't really impersonating the famous person, they're impersonating an impersonator impersonating the famous person. Meta-impersonation. I do appreciate accurate impersonations of people from my everyday life. Mike S. from my high school did an awesome impersonation of our physics teacher. That was funny. It fits with my overall taste in humor, which is that the funniness of something to me is inversely proportional to the number of people to whom it's funny.

Yes, I am avoiding preparing my PowerPoint presentation for AAG.

-m




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?