<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...currently reading.....

Kristin Lavransdatter, by Sigrid Undset

...last read.....

Trout, by Ray Bergman
Embed? Win!

Fantastic Contraption

Powered by: MySpace Games >br?



Wednesday, June 22, 2005

THINKIN' CHAIR

We were short a chair in our living room, so a guy from work gave us one that he had sitting in his garage. He said it was his "thinkin' chair." I feel pretty honored. It's made of fake wood and black vinyl.

I like to take a moment once in awhile to appreciate the fact that I'm old enough to have lived in a time such that vinyl furnishings were still ubiquitous enough that my childhood contains memories of people on TV selling "As Seen On TV" vinyl repair kits. They kinda looked like fingernail polish bottles and brushes, and there were different colors you could get to match your particular chair, or whatever. And they would show a hand brushing some of the stuff on a big ol' rip, and there would be one of those special effect sparkles, and suddenly there would be no rip there anymore.

-m




Comments:
I guess I have a thinking chair. It is a medium quality lounger, but it is extra wide.

Funny things happen with it. My mother-in-law thinks it bugs me when other people sit in it, (I guess she thinks I am like Archie Bunker). When little kids come into the house, they like to sit in it. If they are small enough, three can sit, if they don't mind being too close.

Petite people don't mind sitting in it. They look adorable because the chair totally dwarfs them.

Large people, bigger than me, avoid this chair. They would obviously be comfortable in it (I have almost a foot left over in width). However, I think they say to themselves "uh-oh, big chair, I don't need it." Out of self-conscienceness, they never sit in it.

I like it because I can keep my laptop in the seat with me, and maybe a book and remote control for the stereo (or TV, if it is not summer).

Funny, the dog only sits in it when I am gone away, like overnight or something.
--gh
 
Oh, but I forgot why I wanted to comment on your blog. I wanted to let you know that we don't have to use HELLO to post images. Blogger news tells me that the new picture icon in the blogging area inserts images. I assume it can do two or three in one note, which would be more convenient than what I have been doing.
--gh
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?