<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...currently reading.....

Kristin Lavransdatter, by Sigrid Undset

...last read.....

Trout, by Ray Bergman
Embed? Win!

Fantastic Contraption

Powered by: MySpace Games >br?



Tuesday, September 27, 2005

KEYBOARDS N STUFF

I think I'm going to learn Dvorak. Maybe it will deter those who like to work on my work computer when I'm gone, and leave my work area junked up, and my computer acting a little funny. They say it takes about 1 month of full-time usage to get to where you're as fast with Dvorak as with QWERTY. If it's good enough for Jared Diamond, it's good enough for me.

In other news, Jen got canned. Stupid job anyways.

In other news, moved into our new house.

In other news, our neighbors are REALLY friendly. We've had 2 offers of riding mower usage, after people saw Jen mowing with our Ward Cleaver mower.

In other news, still have 4-5 loads of shiite at our other place. Including our shed. No, not stuff in a shed, our actual, disassembled shed.

Finally, I'm very embarrased to admit I was fooled by Hi5... I entered my Yahoo username, etc., so it could "See which of my contacts were already connected." Well, before I realized what was happening, I had sent an invitation to EVERYONE in my address book. Including lots of professional contacts. Man. I get dork points for that one.

I probably get some for even talking about Dvorak vs. QWERTY.

"In a hundred years, we'll all be dead. Good!" (Edward Abbey)

-m




Comments:
Here is the pattern that my inlaws make fun of in their Kansas town. If the standard walk-behind mower is used (usually self-propelled), then it is the woman out there mowing the lawn. Usually an older woman.

If the mower is a riding mower, than it is the older gentleman using this implement. It is as if the guy has control over the "tractor-ish" device, or refuses to mow unless he can be like Earnhardt, Jr.

I think they told me about a neighbor that had the older woman mowing for years. Then one day they purchased the riding mower, and from then on it had the dude on top.

(For the record, my inlaws decided to break this pattern. They went from self-propelled walk-behind to riding, but my mother-in-law still does the mowing. WHAT A REBEL!)

It tickles me to think of your neighbors seeing Jen out there with "the device" and feeling pity. If they are old, they probably remember struggling with those as kids.

I have always been intrigued by the Dvorak keyboard. I guess now you can just run a program that remaps it, without changing the actual keyboard. That would be good if you have a laptop.

--gh
 
A GIS job is open with the Kansas Geological Survey (KU).
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?