<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...currently reading.....

Kristin Lavransdatter, by Sigrid Undset

...last read.....

Trout, by Ray Bergman
Embed? Win!

Fantastic Contraption

Powered by: MySpace Games >br?



Monday, October 17, 2005

NEW DOG

Hey. We got a dog. This is him:




His name is Fargo, and he is awesome. He never barks, except when the dumb growly neighbor's dumb growly dog barked at him, and then he barked once. One bark. Otherwise, he's just a totally mellow guy, who follows you around and wants to know if you're doing anything interesting. He's good at entertaining himself though. He weighs 53 pounds, which is pretty skinny for a dog of his height. We're going to fatten him up some. Today had a lot of firsts for him - first time "off the reservation," (i.e. the pound), first time in a car, first time in a house, first time in a kennel, etc. He was a little nervous getting in the truck, a little nervous on the ride, a little nervous going up and down our deck stairs (they are pretty steep, and a little spooky in the dark), but he did really well. We got him a crate, so that it's easy to housebreak him and stuff, but I doubt if he'll even need to be in it much, since he's so well behaved.

Also, note my receding hairline in the first picture. I'm 28. All my body parts seem to function just fine. I like to take naps, and my hair is falling out. Fine.

-m




Comments:
I, too, thought my dog didn't bark. I was so proud of him. Now he barks a lot. Excessively. It's annoying, but I still love him.
 
Fargo looks awesome, good choice. Terra is a barker, but only when someone comes to the door, makes a ruckus outside, or says "Buddha." I am not kidding, if I say "Buddha" really fast I can get her barking in less than 5 seconds.

--gh
 
Dang! (language) All that Buddha commenting made me forget about what I was really going to say:

Terra weighs 54 lbs.

--gh
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?