<$BlogRSDUrl$>

...currently reading.....

Kristin Lavransdatter, by Sigrid Undset

...last read.....

Trout, by Ray Bergman
Embed? Win!

Fantastic Contraption

Powered by: MySpace Games >br?



Thursday, February 08, 2007

LEGS...CUT

OK..Step 1: Done.

I have the legs for the crib cut to rough size (the pile on the left). 3 of these pieces get laminated to make each leg. If you do the math, you see that you then end up with 6 legs. No, this is not an insect crib. It is a "transitional" crib, which means that it goes from a crib to a toddler bed to a full size bed. The headboard is used for all 3. One footboard is used for the crib and full-size bed, and a different one (with a half rail) is used for the toddler bed. I also have the cap for the headboard, some trim pieces, and the rail top cut.


That was easy. Table saws rule. I'm not looking forward to routing the roundovers on all the pieces, and coves on a bunch more, as most of my routing experiences haven't been awesome, to date. I'm also apprehensive about cutting the dados, especially since I have to raise a whirling dado set up through a zero clearance insert the first time. I may see about borrowing a football helmet and stuff.

I am really, really, really looking forward to the weekend. I should get my new 20A line hooked up to the service panel, finally, so that I can use lights AND the table saw at the same time. That will be handier..

I guess this is becoming a blog about my woodworking projects. Well..at least it has a raison d'etre, again. I was really letting it go... Of course, I may alienate some of my old readers that don't give a damn about woodworking. OK, so that means maybe 2 people reading it, instead of 4.

-m




Comments:
Nice saw! Lemme know if you need any help if ya get stuck.

You'll like the 20A service in your shop. Kinda pissed off that when we built our house we got a box for 200A and then they ran the house with 14 instead of 12!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?